Private Respite & Accommodation Services Pty Ltd offers quality respite services to all of Geelong, Ballarat and surrounding areas.
Private Respite & Accommodation Services Pty Ltd originated out of a single thought. “How can we help people with disabilities and their families/carers manage to keep their family life stable while juggling being a carer?”. From this founding manager, Dianne Welding, began a business to provide support to people who need respite care.
Dianne having had 20 years’ experience in the disability field has extensive knowledge of the needs of people with disabilities leads a steadily growing team.
The Founding Manager also has extensive experience in the Foster Care field which allowed her to understand the need for people to have a break from the home environment for personal growth in readiness for adulthood. All people who have disabilities need to experience all there is in life, as they too should be able to move out of the family home at some stage, and attending a quality respite service gives them the experience and confidence when that time comes.
The thought came to me, there are a lot of big homes with spare rooms these days. There a lot of certified carers, working long hours, struggling to meet demands of facility based care. Giving the opportunity for the chosen staff to work from home, offering specialised and unique respite care to people in need.
All Support Staff homes have to undergo and pass a Home Safety & Suitability Check & a Fire Safety Screening prior to supporting people in their home.
The Short Term Accommodation price includes all meals, transport to & from, & have a designated respite room for their stay.
Private Respite & Accommodation Services charge the lower 1:2 rate and not 1:1 rate. This is a cheaper option allowing for additional stays with the funds that are saved.
We are a Registered Provider and support people with the following:
- 24 Hour Short Term Accommodation – In home and In workers homes – 1;2 rate is charged not 1:1 saving funding to be utilised for additional supports.
- Assistance with Self-Care
- Community Social and Recreation activity’s
- Peer Mentoring
- Supported Independent Living
Private Respite & Accommodation Services Pty Ltd Management thanks the dedicated team that made all this possible.
- Employsure HR Consultants – engaged to offer employment protection for both Home Care Workers & Private Respite Services alike.
- Affinity Insurance offering Full Liability, Professional Indemnity.- Private Respite Services first intake of Home Care Workers, who have trained & patiently waited for our Service to be registered with the Dept of Human Services. A big thank you for being keen and having such patience.
- Private Respite Services first intake of Home Care Workers, who have trained & patiently waited for our Service to be registered with the Dept of Human Services. A big thank you for being keen and having such patience.
After 12 months of planning, setting up a business plan, meeting all Disability Standards of 2006, Registration with NDIS and the Department of Human Services, Private Respite & Accommodation Services Pty Ltd was born.
PRIVATE RESPITE & ACCOMMODATION SERVICES PTY LTD
ABN: 63 618 225 200
Want to be part of our passionate team of carers?
We are always interested in hearing from passionate, caring and dedicated individuals who would like to join our amazing team of carers. As well as offering the ability to work from home, in the participants home and in the community. All of our carers are provided pre-employment information & training.
We encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
To discuss becoming part of the team give us a call on 03 5242 8952 or use our contact form (link below) to send us your details.